COMPLETE & RETURN THE APPLICATION FOR YOUR PROGRAM
To apply for admission as a first time graduate student, send the following documentation to Soccer Management Institute:
- Completed online application (click here)
- Copy of your passport
- Official High School/College transcripts
- Coach’s written recommendation
Original Documentation should be sent to:
Soccer Management Institute US Office
5646 Holmes St.
Kansas City, Mo. 64110
+1 (816) 7039596
Students will be notified of the admissions decision within one to two weeks of receipt of the complete application.
PROGRAM AND HOUSING DEPOSITS
Complete and return the Enrollment Confirmation, Housing and Acceptance Packet forms and program payments to SMI by the deadlines given in the admission process.
Program and Housing Deposits:
- The program deposit is applied to your tuition and reserves your place in the program.
- The housing deposit is a security deposit for your housing in SMI apartments and is refundable after your stay, minus any damages.
YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ENROLLED TO SMI
We will send you the following items before your departure:
- Official enrollment letter
- A detailed semester calendar
- The schedule of courses
- The invoice for your tuition, housing and transcript fees
- The SMI Liability Waiver
- Passport Information
- Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent by email approximately 2-4 weeks before your program begins
PASSPORT & STUDENT VISA
After receiving an acceptance email, students applying to SMI should follow the post-acceptance procedure below:
- Make sure your passport is current and does not expire within three months of the last day of your SMI program. If you do not have a current passport, apply for one as soon as possible.
- Determine whether or not a student visa is required for your program: http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en. (Select “Study : Vocational training” as the reason for visit.) If you have a EU Passport, Visa is not required.
- If a student visa is required, begin the visa application process through your region’s Italian Consulate.
Please note: Within 8 working days of arrival, all NON-EU citizens who hold a valid student visa for Italy must apply for a permit of stay for study purposes (Permesso di soggiorno per motivi di studio). SMI will provide this service to all its students, including the required health insurance.
SMI FORMS AND PAYMENT
Our financial office will keep you updated with payments and due dates which are also shown on each individual-student financial aid. Check due dates on invoices to ensure timely payment and avoid late fees!
We know cost is an important factor when selecting a program. At SMI, you are automatically considered for our merit-based scholarships when you complete the admission application. Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance: GPA, test scores, and general academic proficiency
- Soccer performance: Team/individual achievements through college and/or club career
- Talent: Based on your soccer, leadership, and professional skills
- Coaching background: We value coaching abilities and past experiences
For assistance with any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact the SMI Student Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.