COMPLETE & RETURN THE APPLICATION FOR YOUR PROGRAM
To apply for admission as a first-time student at SMI, complete the following steps and send the documentation needed when requested:
- Completed online application (click here)
- Schedule an introductory call with our admission
- Send the additional documents required:
- Copy of your passport
- Official High School/College transcripts
- Soccer video highlights (if available)
- Personal resume (including academics, athletic, and work/volunteering experience)
- Two letters of recommendation
- (For study abroad only) Complete personal statement; 500-750 words on the following: To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment – Ralph Waldo Emerson. What is something about you that you would never change?
Information can be sent electronically via email. Instructions will be provided upon registration. Students will be notified of acceptance by the admission department within two weeks from receipt of the completed application. Students admitted to the program will receive an official offer including scholarship awards if applicable.
We know cost is an important factor when selecting a program. At SMI, you are automatically considered for our merit-based scholarships when you complete the application process. Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance: GPA, and general academic proficiency
- Soccer performance: Team/individual achievements throughout college and/or club career
- Personal talent: Based on your soccer, leadership, and professional skills
- Background within the sports industry: we value coaching, and any work or volunteer experience within the sports environment
PROGRAM AND HOUSING DEPOSITS
Complete and return the Enrollment Confirmation, Housing and Acceptance Packet forms and program payments to SMI by the deadlines given in the admission process.
Program and Housing Deposits:
- The program deposit is applied to your tuition and reserves your place in the program.
- The housing deposit is a security deposit for your housing in SMI apartments and is refundable after your stay, minus any damages.
YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ENROLLED TO SMI
We will send you the following items before your departure:
- Official enrollment letter
- A detailed semester calendar
- The schedule of courses
- The invoice for your tuition, housing and transcript fees
- The SMI Liability Waiver
- Apartment and roommate assignments will be sent by email approximately 2-4 weeks before your program begins
- Information about your arrival: transportation, check-in, accommodation, orientation
PASSPORT & STUDENT VISA
After receiving an acceptance email, students applying to SMI should follow the post-acceptance procedure below:
- Make sure your passportis valid and does not expire before the end of the program. If you do not have a valid passport, apply for one as soon as possible
- Determine whether or not a student visa is required for your program: http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en. (Select “Study : Vocational training” as the reason for visit.) If you have a EU Passport, Visa is not required.
- If a student visa is required, begin the visa application process through your region’s Italian Consulate.
Please note: Within 8 working days of arrival, all NON-EU citizens who hold a valid student visa for Italy must apply for a permit of stay for study purposes (Permesso di soggiorno per motivi di studio). SMI will provide this service to all its students, including the required health insurance.
SMI FORMS AND PAYMENT
Our financial office will keep you updated with payments and due dates which are also shown on each individual-student financial aid. Check due dates on invoices to ensure timely payment and avoid late fees!
For assistance with any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact the SMI Student Services Office at email@example.com
We are happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.