GAP YEAR & COLLEGE CREDITS
Get ready for college and see what Italy has to offer!
Take a year to improve as player with the Italian soccer school, one of the most prestigious in the world in term of tactical and technical skills. Use your gap year to learn from some of the top coaches our country has to offer and take your game to another level. After one year in Italy you will become a better player and consequently you will have access to:
- High athletic scholarship
- Professional opportunities all over the world
- Tryout with pro or semi-pro teams in Italy depending on your level.
At the end of the Gap Year you will also have the option to attend our undergraduate program in Rome and keep improving as a player through our professional academy. Our best talents sign with Italian clubs and compete at their highest level.
With Soccer Management Institute, you have also the option to use your Gap Year to earn college credits that are transferrable to your future college institution. Other than improving your soccer abilities you can register to those classes offer by our partner “The American Univeristy of Rome”, the oldest American granting degree in Italy. Each student has the possibility to earn up to 30 credits throughout the year (15 credits per semester). AUR offers a variety of courses across to suit our students’ needs and passions.
Combine soccer and academics to live an extraordinary experience surrounded by the spectacular scenery offer by Rome.
PROGRAM FEES AND DATES
Fall – June 1
Spring – October 1
August 28 – December 13
January 22 – May 12
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Orientation upon arrival
- Full-time tuition and fees
- Housing (apartment) in the heart of Rome
- Medical and accident insurance
- SMI support services before, during, and after the program
- Daily training sessions with pro coaches
- Training designed by Serie A coach
- Professional Exposure / Tryout
- Legal assistance for professional and semi-professional placement
- Academic advising
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Predeparture orientation
- Airport pick-up
- On-site support
- American University of Rome official transcript (optional)